1,437 top medical experts on Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome across 59 countries and 42 U.S. states, including 1,353 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome: A systemic inflammatory response to a variety of clinical insults, characterized by two or more of the following conditions: (1) fever >38 degrees C or hypothermia <36 degrees C; (2) tachycardia >90 beat/minute; (3) tachypnea >24 breaths/minute; (4) leukocytosis >12,000 cells/cubic mm or 10% immature forms. While usually related to infection, sirs can also be associated with noninfectious insults such as trauma; burns; or pancreatitis. If infection is involved, a patient with sirs is said to have sepsis.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Inflammation (3,470), Shock (2,184) and Narrower Categories: Cytokine Release Syndrome (4,624), Sepsis (4,406), Septic Shock (4,428).
- Clinical Trials : at least 147 including 2 Active, 73 Completed, 21 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Sepsis Syndrome
Computing Expert Listing ...