646 top medical experts on Lewy Body Disease across 45 countries and 35 U.S. states, including 558 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Lewy Body Disease: A neurodegenerative disease characterized by dementia, mild parkinsonism, and fluctuations in attention and alertness. The neuropsychiatric manifestations tend to precede the onset of bradykinesia, muscle rigidity, and other extrapyramidal signs. delusions and visual hallucinations are relatively frequent in this condition. Histologic examination reveals lewy bodies in the cerebral cortex and brain stem. senile plaques and other pathologic features characteristic of alzheimer disease may also be present. (From Neurology 1997;48:376-380; Neurology 1996;47:1113-1124)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Synucleinopathies (1,978), Dementia (5,282), Parkinsonian Disorders (3,668).
- Clinical Trials : at least 136 including 5 Active, 50 Completed, 43 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Lewy Body Dementia, Diffuse Lewy Body Disease
Computing Expert Listing ...