1,156 top medical experts on Ischemic Stroke across 70 countries and 40 U.S. states, including 1,101 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Ischemic Stroke: Stroke due to brain ischemia resulting in interruption or reduction of blood flow to a part of the brain. When obstruction is due to a blood clot formed within in a cerebral blood vessel it is a thrombotic stroke. When obstruction is formed elsewhere and moved to block a cerebral blood vessel (see cerebral embolism) it is referred to as embolic stroke. Wake-up stroke refers to ischemic stroke occurring during sleep while cryptogenic stroke refers to ischemic stroke of unknown origin.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Stroke (5,313) and Narrower Categories: Embolic Stroke (1,403), Thrombotic Stroke (212).
- Clinical Trials : at least 1,484 including 44 Active, 575 Completed, 368 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Acute Ischemic Stroke, Cryptogenic Embolism Stroke, Cryptogenic Ischemic Stroke, Cryptogenic Stroke, Ischaemic Stroke, Wake-up Stroke
Computing Expert Listing ...