575 top medical experts on Huntington Disease across 48 countries and 40 U.S. states, including 518 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Huntington Disease: A familial disorder inherited as an autosomal dominant trait and characterized by the onset of progressive chorea and dementia in the fourth or fifth decade of life. Common initial manifestations include paranoia; poor impulse control; depression; hallucinations; and delusions. Eventually intellectual impairment; loss of fine motor control; athetosis; and diffuse chorea involving axial and limb musculature develops, leading to a vegetative state within 10-15 years of disease onset. The juvenile variant has a more fulminant course including seizures; ataxia; dementia; and chorea. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1060-4)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Cognition Disorders (3,072), Nervous System Heredodegenerative Disorders (409), Basal Ganglia Diseases (411), Chorea (514), Dementia (2,682).
- Clinical Trials : at least 148 including 8 Active, 86 Completed, 26 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Huntington Chorea, Juvenile Huntington Disease
Computing Expert Listing ...