991 top medical experts on Glioma across 40 countries and 36 U.S. states, including 960 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Glioma: Benign and malignant central nervous system neoplasms derived from glial cells (i.e., astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, and ependymocytes). Astrocytes may give rise to astrocytomas (astrocytoma) or glioblastoma multiforme (see glioblastoma). Oligodendrocytes give rise to oligodendrogliomas (oligodendroglioma) and ependymocytes may undergo transformation to become ependymoma; choroid plexus neoplasms; or colloid cysts of the third ventricle. (From Escourolle et al., Manual of Basic Neuropathology, 2nd ed, p21)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Neuroepithelial Neoplasms (1,132) and Narrower Categories: Astrocytoma (1,603), Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (245), Ependymoma (1,018), Ganglioglioma (928), Gliosarcoma (531), Medulloblastoma (1,778), Oligodendroglioma (679), Optic Nerve Glioma (506).
- Clinical Trials : at least 831 including 75 Active, 341 Completed, 185 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Glial Cell Tumors
Computing Expert Listing ...