943 top medical experts on Astrocytoma across 45 countries and 37 U.S. states, including 900 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Astrocytoma: Neoplasms of the brain and spinal cord derived from glial cells which vary from histologically benign forms to highly anaplastic and malignant tumors. Fibrillary astrocytomas are the most common type and may be classified in order of increasing malignancy (grades I through IV). In the first two decades of life, astrocytomas tend to originate in the cerebellar hemispheres; in adults, they most frequently arise in the cerebrum and frequently undergo malignant transformation. (From Devita et al., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, 5th ed, pp2013-7; Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 3d ed, p1082)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Glioma (2,341) and Narrower Categories: Glioblastoma (2,653).
- Clinical Trials : at least 290 including 24 Active, 124 Completed, 65 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma, Astrocytic Glioma, Mixed Oligoastrocytoma
Computing Expert Listing ...