691 top medical experts on Brain Death across 36 countries and 40 U.S. states, including 659 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Brain Death: A state of prolonged irreversible cessation of all brain activity, including lower brain stem function with the complete absence of voluntary movements, responses to stimuli, brain stem reflexes, and spontaneous respirations. Reversible conditions which mimic this clinical state (e.g., sedative overdose, hypothermia, etc.) are excluded prior to making the determination of brain death. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp348-9)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Brain Diseases (2,364), Death (1,351), Coma (987).
- Clinical Trials : at least 43 including 1 Active, 21 Completed, 10 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Brain Dead, Coma Depasse
Computing Expert Listing ...