201 top medical experts on Alcohol Withdrawal Seizures across 16 countries and 19 U.S. states, including 46 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Alcohol Withdrawal Seizures: A condition where seizures occur in association with ethanol abuse (alcoholism) without other identifiable causes. Seizures usually occur within the first 6-48 hours after the cessation of alcohol intake, but may occur during periods of alcohol intoxication. Single generalized tonic-clonic motor seizures are the most common subtype, however, status epilepticus may occur. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1174)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Seizures (4,922), Substance Withdrawal Syndrome (3,084), Nervous System Alcohol-Induced Disorders (459).
- Clinical Trials : at least 2
- Synonyms: Alcoholic Seizures, Alcohol Withdrawal-Induced Status Epilepticus
Computing Expert Listing ...