983 top medical experts on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus across 71 countries and 41 U.S. states, including 859 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: A chronic, relapsing, inflammatory, and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue, characterized principally by involvement of the skin, joints, kidneys, and serosal membranes. It is of unknown etiology, but is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system. The disease is marked by a wide range of system dysfunctions, an elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and the formation of LE cells in the blood or bone marrow.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Connective Tissue Diseases (1,572), Autoimmune Diseases (3,976) and Narrower Categories: Central Nervous System Lupus Vasculitis (1,832), Lupus Nephritis (2,871).
- Clinical Trials : at least 733 including 28 Active, 349 Completed, 137 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Libman-Sacks Disease, Lupus Erythematosus Disseminatus
Computing Expert Listing ...