416 top medical experts on Somatoform Disorders across 37 countries and 28 U.S. states, including 333 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Somatoform Disorders: Disorders having the presence of physical symptoms that suggest a general medical condition but that are not fully explained by another medical condition, by the direct effects of a substance, or by another mental disorder. The medically unexplained symptoms must cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other areas of functioning. In contrast to factitious disorders and malingering, the physical symptoms are not under voluntary control. (APA, DSM-V)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Mental Disorders (3,023) and Narrower Categories: Body Dysmorphic Disorders (376), Body Integrity Identity Disorder (2), Conversion Disorder (293), Factitious Disorders (325), Hypochondriasis (305), Neurasthenia (33).
- Clinical Trials : at least 196 including 5 Active, 92 Completed, 28 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Briquet Syndrome, Pain Disorder, Somatization Disorder
Computing Expert Listing ...