809 top medical experts on Parkinson Disease across 53 countries and 43 U.S. states, including 769 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Parkinson Disease: A progressive, degenerative neurologic disease characterized by a tremor that is maximal at rest, retropulsion (i.e. a tendency to fall backwards), rigidity, stooped posture, slowness of voluntary movements, and a masklike facial expression. Pathologic features include loss of melanin containing neurons in the substantia nigra and other pigmented nuclei of the brainstem. lewy bodies are present in the substantia nigra and locus coeruleus but may also be found in a related condition (lewy body disease, diffuse) characterized by dementia in combination with varying degrees of parkinsonism. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1059, pp1067-75)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Parkinsonian Disorders (1,792), Synucleinopathies (304).
- Clinical Trials : at least 2,087 including 100 Active, 1,107 Completed, 353 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Idiopathic Parkinson Disease, Lewy Body Parkinson Disease, Paralysis Agitans, Primary Parkinsonism
Computing Expert Listing ...