1,449 top medical experts on Obstructive Sleep Apnea across 65 countries and 44 U.S. states, including 1,355 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A disorder characterized by recurrent apneas during sleep despite persistent respiratory efforts. It is due to upper airway obstruction. The respiratory pauses may induce hypercapnia or hypoxia. Cardiac arrhythmias and elevation of systemic and pulmonary arterial pressures may occur. Frequent partial arousals occur throughout sleep, resulting in relative sleep deprivation and daytime tiredness. Associated conditions include obesity; acromegaly; myxedema; micrognathia; myotonic dystrophy; adenotonsilar dystrophy; and neuromuscular diseases. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p395)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Sleep Apnea Syndromes (3,748) and Narrower Categories: Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (778).
- Clinical Trials : at least 1,660 including 49 Active, 871 Completed, 255 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Upper Airway Resistance Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Computing Expert Listing ...