786 top medical experts on Moyamoya Disease across 29 countries and 34 U.S. states, including 713 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Moyamoya Disease: A noninflammatory, progressive occlusion of the intracranial carotid arteries and the formation of netlike collateral arteries arising from the circle OF willis. Cerebral angiogram shows the puff-of-smoke (moyamoya) collaterals at the base of the brain. It is characterized by endothelial hyperplasia and fibrosis with thickening of arterial walls. This disease primarily affects children but can also occur in adults.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Arterial Occlusive Diseases (3,636), Carotid Artery Diseases (5,023), Cerebral Arterial Diseases (2,164).
- Clinical Trials : at least 31 including 2 Active, 8 Completed, 5 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Cerebrovascular Moyamoya Disease, Progressive Intracranial Occlusive Arteropathy (Moyamoya)
Computing Expert Listing ...