851 top medical experts on Mitochondrial Diseases across 58 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 724 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Mitochondrial Diseases: Diseases caused by abnormal function of the mitochondria. They may be caused by mutations, acquired or inherited, in mitochondrial DNA or in nuclear genes that code for mitochondrial components. They may also be the result of acquired mitochondria dysfunction due to adverse effects of drugs, infections, or other environmental causes.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Metabolic Diseases (2,945) and Narrower Categories: Autosomal Dominant Optic Atrophy (920), Carbamoyl-Phosphate Synthase I Deficiency Disease (199), Cytochrome-c Oxidase Deficiency (554), Friedreich Ataxia (828), Leber Hereditary Optic Atrophy (1,743), Leigh Disease (2,203), Mitochondrial Myopathies (1,930), Multiple Acyl Coenzyme A Dehydrogenase Deficiency (704), Pyruvate Carboxylase Deficiency Disease (67), Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex Deficiency Disease (338).
- Clinical Trials : at least 92 including 4 Active, 40 Completed, 31 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Deficiencies, Oxidative Phosphorylation Deficiencies, Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Deficiencies
Computing Expert Listing ...