919 top medical experts on Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis across 40 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 889 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: A common interstitial lung disease of unknown etiology, usually occurring between 50-70 years of age. Clinically, it is characterized by an insidious onset of breathlessness with exertion and a nonproductive cough, leading to progressive dyspnea. Pathological features show scant interstitial inflammation, patchy collagen fibrosis, prominent fibroblast proliferation foci, and microscopic honeycomb change.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Pulmonary Fibrosis (1,820) and Narrower Categories: Hamman-Rich Syndrome (4), Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias (726).
- Clinical Trials : at least 261 including 10 Active, 117 Completed, 64 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Cryptogenic Fibrosing Alveolitis
Computing Expert Listing ...