597 top medical experts on Hepatic Encephalopathy across 40 countries and 32 U.S. states, including 534 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Hepatic Encephalopathy: A syndrome characterized by central nervous system dysfunction in association with liver failure, including portal-systemic shunts. Clinical features include lethargy and confusion (frequently progressing to coma); asterixis; nystagmus, pathologic; brisk oculovestibular reflexes; decorticate and decerebrate posturing; muscle spasticity; and bilateral extensor plantar reflexes (see reflex, babinski). electroencephalography may demonstrate triphasic waves. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1117-20; Plum & Posner, Diagnosis of Stupor and Coma, 3rd ed, p222-5)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Liver Failure (1,571), Metabolic Brain Diseases (1,035).
- Clinical Trials : at least 115 including 55 Completed, 19 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Portosystemic Encephalopathy
Computing Expert Listing ...