780 top medical experts on Graves Disease across 51 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 658 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Graves Disease: A common form of hyperthyroidism with a diffuse hyperplastic goiter. It is an autoimmune disorder that produces antibodies against the thyroid stimulating hormone receptor. These autoantibodies activate the TSH receptor, thereby stimulating the thyroid gland and hypersecretion of thyroid hormones. These autoantibodies can also affect the eyes (graves ophthalmopathy) and the skin (Graves dermopathy).
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Autoimmune Diseases (3,976), Hyperthyroidism (1,611), Goiter (2,829) and Narrower Categories: Graves Ophthalmopathy (1,451).
- Clinical Trials : at least 83 including 3 Active, 54 Completed, 11 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Basedow's Disease, Exophthalmic Goiter, Exophthalmic Goiter, Graves' Disease
Computing Expert Listing ...