1,257 top medical experts on Cystic Fibrosis across 58 countries and 43 U.S. states, including 1,171 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Cystic Fibrosis: An autosomal recessive genetic disease of the exocrine glands. It is caused by mutations in the gene encoding the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator expressed in several organs including the lung, the pancreas, the biliary system, and the sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is characterized by epithelial secretory dysfunction associated with ductal obstruction resulting in airway obstruction; chronic respiratory infections; pancreatic insufficiency; maldigestion; salt depletion; and heat prostration.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Guideline Central: American Medical Association (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- UK NICE Guidelines: Cystic fibrosis: diagnosis and management
- PubMed Practice Guideline
- U.S. National Guideline Center (archived)
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Lung Diseases (3,785), Diseases Newborn Infant (2,780), Inborn Genetic Diseases (2,477), Pancreatic Diseases (2,457).
- Clinical Trials : at least 1,339 including 58 Active, 811 Completed, 181 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Mucoviscidosis
Computing Expert Listing ...