485 top medical experts on Chagas Disease across 44 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 340 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Chagas Disease: Infection with the protozoan parasite trypanosoma cruzi, a form of trypanosomiasis endemic in Central and South America. It is named after the Brazilian physician Carlos Chagas, who discovered the parasite. Infection by the parasite (positive serologic result only) is distinguished from the clinical manifestations that develop years later, such as destruction of parasympathetic ganglia; chagas cardiomyopathy; and dysfunction of the esophagus or colon.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Trypanosomiasis (2,461), Vector Borne Diseases (1,099) and Narrower Categories: Chagas Cardiomyopathy (923).
- Clinical Trials : at least 62 including 1 Active, 40 Completed, 8 Recruiting
- Synonyms: South American Trypanosomiasis
Computing Expert Listing ...