1,006 top medical experts on Carotid Stenosis across 48 countries and 42 U.S. states, including 972 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Carotid Stenosis: Narrowing or stricture of any part of the carotid arteries, most often due to atherosclerotic plaque formation. Ulcerations may form in atherosclerotic plaques and induce thrombus formation. Platelet or cholesterol emboli may arise from stenotic carotid lesions and induce a transient ischemic attack; cerebrovascular accident; or temporary blindness (amaurosis fugax). (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp 822-3)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Carotid Artery Diseases (2,740), Arterial Occlusive Diseases (2,121).
- Clinical Trials : at least 169 including 3 Active, 80 Completed, 26 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Carotid Artery Narrowing, Carotid Ulcer
Computing Expert Listing ...