1,188 top medical experts on Brain Concussion across 33 countries and 49 U.S. states, including 1,154 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Brain Concussion: A nonspecific term used to describe transient alterations or loss of consciousness following closed head injuries. The duration of unconsciousness generally lasts a few seconds, but may persist for several hours. Concussions may be classified as mild, intermediate, and severe. Prolonged periods of unconsciousness (often defined as greater than 6 hours in duration) may be referred to as post-traumatic coma (coma, post-head injury). (From Rowland, Merritt's Textbook of Neurology, 9th ed, p418)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Traumatic Brain Injuries (2,053), Closed Head Injuries (542) and Narrower Categories: Contrecoup Injury (16), Post-Concussion Syndrome (596).
- Clinical Trials : at least 232 including 14 Active, 99 Completed, 56 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Cerebral Concussion
Computing Expert Listing ...