1,181 top medical experts on Barrett Esophagus across 37 countries and 42 U.S. states, including 1,156 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Barrett Esophagus: A condition with damage to the lining of the lower esophagus resulting from chronic acid reflux (esophagitis, reflux). Through the process of metaplasia, the squamous cells are replaced by a columnar epithelium with cells resembling those of the intestine or the salmon-pink mucosa of the stomach. Barrett's columnar epithelium is a marker for severe reflux and precursor to adenocarcinoma of the esophagus.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Precancerous Conditions (2,358), Esophageal Diseases (871).
- Clinical Trials : at least 212 including 19 Active, 91 Completed, 33 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Barrett Syndrome
Computing Expert Listing ...