624 top medical experts on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis across 47 countries and 44 U.S. states, including 571 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A degenerative disorder affecting upper motor neurons in the brain and lower motor neurons in the brain stem and spinal cord. Disease onset is usually after the age of 50 and the process is usually fatal within 3 to 6 years. Clinical manifestations include progressive weakness, atrophy, fasciculation, hyperreflexia, dysarthria, dysphagia, and eventual paralysis of respiratory function. Pathologic features include the replacement of motor neurons with fibrous astrocytes and atrophy of anterior spinal nerve roots and corticospinal tracts. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1089-94)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Spinal Cord Diseases (185), Motor Neuron Disease (737), TDP-43 Proteinopathies (484).
- Clinical Trials : at least 445 including 25 Active, 223 Completed, 90 Recruiting
- Synonyms: ALS - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Lou Gehrig Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Motor Neuron Disease
Computing Expert Listing ...