1,099 top medical experts on Alcoholism across 66 countries and 49 U.S. states, including 1,001 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Alcoholism: A primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. The disease is often progressive and fatal. It is characterized by impaired control over drinking, preoccupation with the drug alcohol, use of alcohol despite adverse consequences, and distortions in thinking, most notably denial. Each of these symptoms may be continuous or periodic. (Morse & Flavin for the Joint Commission of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence and the American Society of Addiction Medicine to Study the Definition and Criteria for the Diagnosis of Alcoholism: in jama 1992;268:1012-4)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Alcohol-Related Disorders (2,760).
- Clinical Trials : at least 1,220 including 43 Active, 706 Completed, 224 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Alcohol Abuse, Chronic Alcoholic Intoxication, Ethanol Abuse
Computing Expert Listing ...