1,144 top medical experts on Acute Liver Failure across 54 countries and 39 U.S. states, including 1,063 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Acute Liver Failure: A form of rapid-onset liver failure, also known as fulminant hepatic failure, caused by severe liver injury or massive loss of hepatocytes. It is characterized by sudden development of liver dysfunction and jaundice. Acute liver failure may progress to exhibit cerebral dysfunction even hepatic coma depending on the etiology that includes hepatic ischemia, drug toxicity, malignant infiltration, and viral hepatitis such as post-transfusion hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Liver Failure (2,540) and Narrower Categories: Acute-On-Chronic Liver Failure (1,040), Massive Hepatic Necrosis (366).
- Clinical Trials : at least 69 including 36 Completed, 4 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Acute Hepatic Failure, Fulminant Hepatic Failure, Fulminating Hepatic Failure, Fulminant Hepatic Failure, Fulminant Liver Failure
Computing Expert Listing ...