720 top medical experts on beta-Thalassemia across 58 countries and 28 U.S. states, including 599 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- beta-Thalassemia: A disorder characterized by reduced synthesis of the beta chains of hemoglobin. There is retardation of hemoglobin A synthesis in the heterozygous form (thalassemia minor), which is asymptomatic, while in the homozygous form (thalassemia major, Cooley's anemia, Mediterranean anemia, erythroblastic anemia), which can result in severe complications and even death, hemoglobin A synthesis is absent.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Thalassemia (1,018).
- Clinical Trials : at least 219 including 13 Active, 106 Completed, 29 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Cooley's Anemia, Erythroblastic Anemia, Mediterranean Anemia, Hemoglobin F Disease, Thalassemia Major, Thalassemia Minor
Computing Expert Listing ...