687 top medical experts on Temporal Lobe Epilepsy across 48 countries and 37 U.S. states, including 642 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy: A localization-related (focal) form of epilepsy characterized by recurrent seizures that arise from foci within the temporal lobe, most commonly from its mesial aspect. A wide variety of psychic phenomena may be associated, including illusions, hallucinations, dyscognitive states, and affective experiences. The majority of complex partial seizures (see epilepsy, complex partial) originate from the temporal lobes. Temporal lobe seizures may be classified by etiology as cryptogenic, familial, or symptomatic. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p321).
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Epileptic Syndromes (357), Partial Epilepsies (1,514).
- Clinical Trials : at least 23 including 9 Completed, 6 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Childhood Benign Psychomotor Epilepsy
Computing Expert Listing ...