800 top medical experts on Spinal Muscular Atrophy across 46 countries and 37 U.S. states, including 701 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy: A group of disorders marked by progressive degeneration of motor neurons in the spinal cord resulting in weakness and muscular atrophy, usually without evidence of injury to the corticospinal tracts. Diseases in this category include Werdnig-Hoffmann disease and later onset spinal muscular atrophies OF childhood, most of which are hereditary. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1089)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Motor Neuron Disease (1,255), Spinal Cord Diseases (2,625) and Narrower Categories: Spinal Muscular Atrophies of Childhood (812), X-Linked Bulbo-Spinal Atrophy (574).
- Clinical Trials : at least 180 including 17 Active, 74 Completed, 43 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Bulbospinal Neuronopathy, Oculopharyngeal Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Progressive Muscular Atrophy, Scapuloperoneal Form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Computing Expert Listing ...