746 top medical experts on Retinopathy of Prematurity across 44 countries and 36 U.S. states, including 710 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity: A bilateral retinopathy occurring in premature infants treated with excessively high concentrations of oxygen, characterized by vascular dilatation, proliferation, and tortuosity, edema, and retinal detachment, with ultimate conversion of the retina into a fibrous mass that can be seen as a dense retrolental membrane. Usually growth of the eye is arrested and may result in microophthalmia, and blindness may occur. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Diseases Premature Infant (2,245).
- Clinical Trials : at least 84 including 3 Active, 46 Completed, 9 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Retrolental Fibroplasia
Computing Expert Listing ...