1,253 top medical experts on Optic Nerve Diseases across 47 countries and 37 U.S. states, including 1,200 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Optic Nerve Diseases: Conditions which produce injury or dysfunction of the second cranial or optic nerve, which is generally considered a component of the central nervous system. Damage to optic nerve fibers may occur at or near their origin in the retina, at the optic disk, or in the nerve, optic chiasm, optic tract, or lateral geniculate nuclei. Clinical manifestations may include decreased visual acuity and contrast sensitivity, impaired color vision, and an afferent pupillary defect.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Cranial Nerve Diseases (2,758) and Narrower Categories: Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (1,996), Optic Atrophy (3,093), Optic Disk Drusen (638), Optic Nerve Hypoplasia (137), Optic Nerve Injuries (759), Optic Nerve Neoplasms (1,453), Optic Neuritis (1,332), Papilledema (2,509).
- Clinical Trials : at least 106 including 5 Active, 50 Completed, 14 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Cranial Nerve II Diseases, Foster-Kennedy Syndrome, Optic Disc Disorders, Optic Disk Disorders, Optic Neuropathy, Second Cranial Nerve Diseases
Computing Expert Listing ...