607 top medical experts on Muscle Spasticity across 43 countries and 37 U.S. states, including 548 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Muscle Spasticity: A form of muscle hypertonia associated with upper motor neuron disease. Resistance to passive stretch of a spastic muscle results in minimal initial resistance (a "free interval") followed by an incremental increase in muscle tone. Tone increases in proportion to the velocity of stretch. Spasticity is usually accompanied by hyperreflexia and variable degrees of muscle weakness. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p54)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Muscular Diseases (1,803), Muscle Hypertonia (326).
- Clinical Trials : at least 322 including 8 Active, 192 Completed, 38 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Clasp-Knife Spasticity
Computing Expert Listing ...