488 top medical experts on Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis across 99 countries and 26 U.S. states, including 351 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis resistant to chemotherapy with two or more antitubercular agents, including at least isoniazid and rifampicin. The problem of resistance is particularly troublesome in tuberculous opportunistic infections associated with HIV infections. It requires the use of second line drugs which are more toxic than the first line regimens. TB with isolates that have developed further resistance to at least three of the six classes of second line drugs is defined as extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Tuberculosis (1,221) and Narrower Categories: Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (473).
- Clinical Trials : at least 72 including 11 Active, 26 Completed, 20 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
Computing Expert Listing ...