885 top medical experts on Meningitis across 55 countries and 40 U.S. states, including 811 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Meningitis: Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord, which consist of the PIA mater; arachnoid; and dura mater. Infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal) are the most common causes of this condition, but subarachnoid hemorrhage (hemorrhages, subarachnoid), chemical irritation (chemical meningitis), granulomatous conditions, neoplastic conditions (carcinomatous meningitis), and other inflammatory conditions may produce this syndrome. (From Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1994, Ch24, p6)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Neuroinflammatory Diseases (2,832) and Narrower Categories: Arachnoiditis (527), Aseptic Meningitis (1,845), Bacterial Meningitis (1,843), Fungal Meningitis (805), Meningoencephalitis (4,511), Viral Meningitis (1,917).
- Clinical Trials : at least 348 including 8 Active, 226 Completed, 36 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Pachymeningitis
Computing Expert Listing ...