924 top medical experts on Lyme Disease across 50 countries and 48 U.S. states, including 832 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Lyme Disease: An infectious disease caused by a spirochete, borrelia burgdorferi, which is transmitted chiefly by Ixodes dammini (see ixodes) and pacificus ticks in the United States and Ixodes ricinis (see ixodes) in Europe. It is a disease with early and late cutaneous manifestations plus involvement of the nervous system, heart, eye, and joints in variable combinations. The disease was formerly known as Lyme arthritis and first discovered at Old Lyme, Connecticut.
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Tick-Borne Diseases (1,193), Borrelia Infections (718), Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections (3,934) and Narrower Categories: Erythema Chronicum Migrans (393), Lyme Neuroborreliosis (1,238), Post-Lyme Disease Syndrome (135).
- Clinical Trials : at least 65 including 5 Active, 29 Completed, 14 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Lyme Borreliosis
Computing Expert Listing ...