851 top medical experts on Herpes Zoster across 45 countries and 39 U.S. states, including 796 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Herpes Zoster: An acute infectious, usually self-limited, disease believed to represent activation of latent varicella-zoster virus (herpesvirus 3, human) in those who have been rendered partially immune after a previous attack of chickenpox. It involves the sensory ganglia and their areas of innervation and is characterized by severe neuralgic pain along the distribution of the affected nerve and crops of clustered vesicles over the area. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Varicella Zoster Virus Infection (389) and Narrower Categories: Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus (500), Herpes Zoster Oticus (264), Zoster Sine Herpete (30).
- Clinical Trials : at least 203 including 6 Active, 155 Completed, 12 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Shingles, Zona, Zoster
Computing Expert Listing ...