649 top medical experts on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy across 44 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 605 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: An X-linked recessive muscle disease caused by an inability to synthesize dystrophin, which is involved with maintaining the integrity of the sarcolemma. Muscle fibers undergo a process that features degeneration and regeneration. Clinical manifestations include proximal weakness in the first few years of life, pseudohypertrophy, cardiomyopathy (see myocardial diseases), and an increased incidence of impaired mentation. Becker muscular dystrophy is a closely related condition featuring a later onset of disease (usually adolescence) and a slowly progressive course. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1415)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): X-Linked Genetic Diseases (1,280), Muscular Dystrophies (833).
- Clinical Trials : at least 227 including 20 Active, 112 Completed, 24 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Becker Muscular Dystrophy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy, Pseudohypertrophic Muscular Dystrophy
Computing Expert Listing ...