686 top medical experts on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome across 43 countries and 38 U.S. states, including 647 MDs (Physicians). This is based on an objective analysis of their Scientific Publications, Clinical Trials, Medicare, and NIH Grants.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Entrapment of the median nerve in the carpal tunnel, which is formed by the flexor retinaculum and the carpal bones. This syndrome may be associated with repetitive occupational trauma (cumulative trauma disorders); wrist injuries; amyloid neuropathies; rheumatoid arthritis (see arthritis, rheumatoid); acromegaly; pregnancy; and other conditions. Symptoms include burning pain and paresthesias involving the ventral surface of the hand and fingers which may radiate proximally. Impairment of sensation in the distribution of the median nerve and thenar muscle atrophy may occur. (Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1995, Ch51, p45)
- Clinical guidelines are the recommended starting point to understand initial steps and current protocols in any disease or procedure:
- Broader Categories (#Experts): Nerve Compression Syndromes (848), Cumulative Trauma Disorders (630), Median Neuropathy (323).
- Clinical Trials : at least 180 including 4 Active, 102 Completed, 24 Recruiting
- Synonyms: Carpal Tunnel Compression Neuropathy, Carpal Tunnel Entrapment Neuropathy
Computing Expert Listing ...